Tuesday, 19 May 2015

Eating Traffic Light Burger at Bricks 'n' Cubes

Bricks 'n' Cubes Café
2 Handy Road,
#2-12/14, The Cathay

I got a free ticket to see a movie in Cathay Cinema. I thought I would visit the Cathay Gallery as well. To save time, I thought I would grab some grub inside the Cathay Cineplex. Ada - my Groupon Queen - asked me if I would be interested in the Traffic Light Burger, my eyes lit up like a pair of traffic lights. So I gave her the green-light to go ahead with the Groupon voucher order.

It's an understatement to say Singaporean restaurant scene is crowded with themed restaurants. With such fierce competitions among the overcrowding eatery market, you need to stand out of the crowd. Lego is as good a theme as any, which specifically appeals to family with kids. And locating it in Cathay Cineplex is a Lego - solly, I meant logical - place.

The Vibe:  Bricks 'n' Cubes has got lots of Lego's bright coloured bric-à-brac that provide eye-candies for the kiddies.

Speaking of movie, the café certainly brought up the inner kid in me, who (not Wu, or Hu) happened to enjoy watching Lego Star Wars : The Empire Strikes Out (2012), and The Lego Movie (2014). I particularly like how the Lego figures fall to pieces when kill. Back to the drawing board (or whatever board people use to assemble Lego figures. I guess it's a table. Ironing board also can work).

To keep the family with kids in mind, the café restaurant has an play area for the kiddies to play with the Legos. Food for thoughts. Or mental workout after a meal. Kids, do this at home.


Bricks 'n' Cubes Café, Singapore


Bricks 'n' Cubes Café, Singapore Bricks 'n' Cubes Café, Singapore

Bricks 'n' Cubes Café, SingaporeBricks 'n' Cubes Café, Singapore

The Food:  Apart from the restaurant theme, this place is also hard at work coming up with different promotion and gimmicks to retain the short attention-span, ever-changing taste customers.

Ada ordered the Traffic Light[s] Burger[s] for my lunch before movie. Each colour of the bun of burger contains different filling of meats: the green had fish fillet, the brown had chicken, the yellow had minced beef, and the red had pork.

Leo hand
Lego hand
I preferred the fish fillet and chicken. I found the sauce for the pork a bit too sweet for me, and the sauce for the beef wasn't too exciting. It just so happened that my taste in these burgers was totally obeyed the the traffic lights signals. The green is a go, the amber is passable, and stop eating the red one.

Apparently, I eat the way I drive, the traffic rules rule, ok?

The serving was for 2. The potato chips (French firies) alone was larger than my usual lunch serving size (I eat like a queen, which should eat less than a pauper).

To eat these burgers, the perfect cutlery would be a pair of human-size Lego hands. Waitress, where's my pair of Lego hands ?

If the can is round, why do they call it Ovaltin[e] ? If it's a hand, why do they call it a Leg-o?


Traffic Lights Burgers, Bricks 'n' Cubes Café, Singapore
Traffic Lights burgers. The brown ones is the usual "natural" colour.


The place is build for Lego lovers of all ages.

Go! Go! Go! Lego! OK, I'm gaga over Lego! (If I'm a 10 year old).

Legs, go home now! Use the Force to force yourself, now!  (If I'm a 10 year old).



No comments:

Post a Comment